Friday, October 30, 2009

Hello!

Hi! No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I am actually updating this blog! The past 6 months have been a little on the crazy side, and to be honest with you, we do a lot of fun things, but we are AWFUL at remembering to bring our camera. I think blogs can be a lot more entertaining to read if they have pictures to go along with them, and since we don't have any pictures, I don't want to bore you all of the time! Here is an update on some of the highlights from the past 6 months:



For Memorial Day my friend Katrina and I went up to Idaho for the long weekend. It was a fun girl's road trip! It was fun taking her to Idaho, she had never been there before. We drove up to Salt Lake, spent the night, then did some shopping in Park City (what's a girl's trip without shopping? seriously!), then we headed up to Idaho. We got to spend two days with my family. We met up with my extended family in Swan Valley to help clean out my grandparents home, and then on Sunday we drove up Jackson Hole. Very quick trip, but it was good to be in Idaho, even if it was for just a few days!



July was fun, my little sister, Brett, landed a job down here and so her and my mom came down to get her moved in and settled into her new house. It's fun to have her down here, and it is so nice to have some family here again. It's been just Andy and I ever since Dave and Trin moved to Nebraska. :(



In August, Andy and I got to go home to Idaho for some more family time! We got to spend a few days with my family, then we got to go up to West Piney, and spend a week with his family! It was so fun to see everyone and spend some good quality time with them all. We are so lucky to come from such good families. I am so lucky to have married into such an awesome family, I'm looking forward to more reunions in years to come!



While we were in Idaho, in August, Andy celebrated his 30th birthday! My mom made him an awesome lasagna dinner, then Aaron, Keyli, and kids came over to celebrate with all of my family (excluding Brett and Zane). We had awesome homemade ice cream!



We hit another milestone in September, my 30th birthday! We are getting old, but I am glad to say that I will always be younger then my husband! We went out to dinner, Brett made a delicious chocolate cake, and I got some good presents! Low-key, but perfect.



October was fun too! Andy had to go to Orlando, Florida for a week for business and I got to tag along! The first two days there he had to work, so I just hung out at the hotel. I read, watched movies, and slept. It was awesome! When he got home from work we would go explore the town. The Friday we were there we went out to Cocoa Beach. We stayed just long enough for me to get a serious sunburn, but it was still fun. The water was so warm! After we got done with the beach we went to Andy's oldest brother's house, Evan and Ruth and family. They made us a fantastic steak and shrimp dinner with all of the fixings! Then they took us out to the marsh to watch the sunset and look for alligators. We didn't see any alligators, but did come across two water mocassins. It was my first time meeting them, and they were so great! We both loved them and are looking forward to seeing them again, hopefully soon! ;) Saturday of our trip we made it to Walt Disney World! Wow! What a place! We decided to get the 1-Day hopper pass and so if you can only imagine, it was a crazy day! We managed to make it to 3 of the parks: Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and the Magic Kingdom. The Magic Kingdom didn't close until 1:00 in the morning, so we utilized the Fast Passes and made our way to all of the good rides! So fun! I flew out that morning at 5:00 am, so basically zero sleep for me, while Andy stayed 3 more days for work! Very fun last minute trip!



A few days after we got back, Andy had a job interview for a manager position at Walgreen's. We found out last week that he got it! I am so proud of him! He has really worked hard and his hard work is really paying off. Now he is one of the top guys at Corporate! He has had several promotions now in the past 6 months, wow! (Ok, I am totally bragging right now, but I think that a proud wife should have some bragging priviledges!)



The next 2 months are going to be low-key at home, maybe a house project or two. We are staying here for the holidays and are hoping that some family will come see us! :) Work is about to get hectic for both of us, so we are looking forward to a easy agenda on the home front!



To end this post, I managed to pull a couple of lame-o pictures off of my phone's camera from Disneyworld! Yes, we totally forgot our camera when we went to Florida, I told you we were pathetic!



8 comments:

Abbey said...

HA! Thanks for updating! I have been thinking about you like ALL day today and how we need to get together! Seriously, hopefully some of that low key at home time can be shared with us! Maybe a BSU game or something... Looks like you guys have been having tons of fun and YAY for Andy!

Par 5 said...

I've been so concerned about you and your lack of blogging...I thought for sure there was a crisis with the internet or something! :) It looks like you are having so much fun, mixed in with a little work here and there...It was good to talk to you on the phone the other day! You are just awesome and such a great example! Some things never change! Talk to you later!

The Watts Family said...

Glad to see you back in action. Keep up the good work!

Mrs.EBG said...

I was seriously thinking you were kidnapped! ;) Glad you are back, friend!! Congrats to Andy on his big promotion!! That's so awesome!

Candice Harris said...

Phew, you are alive!! Sooo glad to also hear from you and see what y'all are up to! So jealous of Florida! Maybe one of these days we can talk Rachelle into flying on over to visit you in sunny AZ... Rachelle?? Sounds like you guys are having some fun while working hard. Congrats to Andy on his job!

Trisni said...

HI Erica long time no talk to! Sounds like you guys are doing awesome I am proud of Andy too I'll brag no wife privilages here though:)Flordia sounded fun. Hows SCC? Love you guys and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!Have a good Turkey Time!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erica! Long time no see! I'm searching everywhere, and I can't find that yummy garlic bread/twist reciple you sent me last year. Do you think you could email it to me when you have the chance? I would love to make it for my family again. (tk2871@gmail.com)
Hope things are well, and you are happy & healthy :)

Sarah S. said...

Erica, Kandis and Adam just moved into our Ward. Small world!