Friday, August 15, 2008

Beijing


I just finished watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics online, can I say AMAZING! We were in this place last Friday when they originally aired and I am so glad that I was able to see them online. They were so fun to watch, I loved the drummers and I thought that it was interesting what the commentators said about them. They said when they were practicing, the director kept urging them to smile when they were performing, they said it would be too intimidating if they were serious. I would say so! Thousands of those guys beating drums, that is kind of intimidating!

We have loved watching the games this week. My favorite has been the beach volleyball. I keep missing the mens volleyball, I can't pinpoint their schedule. If you happen upon one of their games, look for player #9, Ryan Millar. When I was in high school he used to come and coach our summer volleyball camp team. He is amazing, and very fun to watch. It makes me laugh when I see him hit and think that he used to try to make me block him! LOL!

1 comment:

Par 5 said...

Yes!! I do know that guy too from those blasted Canyon Vollleyball camp! I think he stayed at my parents house because they always "hosted" those players. Too bad I was never good enough to even try to block the dude.