Friday, August 15, 2008

Making bread!

Numero uno on my wishlist:

For the past few months one of my friends in my ward has been teaching breadmaking for an mini enrichment. (Thanks Amy!) I finally got the chance to go last night. I was introduced to the wonderful world of electric mixers! A Kitchenaid (or Bosch) is the number one thing that I want in my kitchen, and really the only thing that I lack. I bake a fair amount, and I am totally used to doing it all by hand, which has been fine. Maybe not anymore...last night I got to be a modern baker, and man does it make a difference! My bread was mixed in no time, and I didn't have to get all messy, covered in flour and dough. The bread turned out fantastic too! It was HUGE! (I think that I let it rise for too long). Anyways, yeah for the modern kitchen appliances! Maybe one day I will get to join the crowd!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Oh my gosh. The kitchen aid was the FIRST thing I bought with our gift cards. It was my #1 priority. I LOVE it!

Lacey said...

Wow! What a cute little homemaker you are! :) I haven't made homemade bread since the first of my marriage and that was a disaster! Maybe I should try a little mixer like that.