Friday, November 14, 2008

One of my first loves :)


Ever since I was about five years old I have LOVED George Strait! My sister, Jill, and I used to always sing along with him in the car with my mom while she was running errands. One of the best times of my life was going to the George Strait Festival with Jill and a bunch of my friends, the year I graduated from high school. SO FUN!

Anyways, one of the biggest nights of the year for Jill and I, as kids, was the night of the Country Music Awards. Let me say, it was always a party! This year was no different, of course! My grandpa and I watched the award show together (luckily, Andy had to work, he is anti-country music)! George performed, was nominated for several awards, and won two awards: best album of the year, and best single of the year. I had to chuckle at myself because when he came out to perform I automatically got a huge grin on my face, I guess some feelings never die! :)

Here is his most current album: "Troubadour", very excellent!!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh my gosh, I was clicking through the channels the other night when the CMA's were on and it was about the time that George Strait was performing and I totally thought of you. I was loving the song too actually!

The Watts Family said...

So true, George will always be one of my loves. Brooklyn loved him too!

Sarah S. said...

I share a love of George Strait. He is just so masculine yet suave. I remember watching "Pure Country" and thinking he was "dreamy". I was probably 12 or 13. And how does he not age? He has looked the same for years? It's a good look!

Thanks for the tips on the caves we are going to have to try it out.

Karen said...

I really like George Strait, but MY all time favorite has got to be Kenny Chesney

Johnna Jayne said...

I'm feel'n ya on this one. Although I never did like country or even care who George Strait was til a couple years ago. So I'm kinda a poser crusher I guess.