Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy Birthday ANDY!

Andy and our fun and cute niece Korynn!

This weekend Andy will turn 29! WOW! Last year in the twenties! I can't really give him a hard time, though, it will be my turn in another month, unfortunately... I have been thinking a lot about my husband this week, mostly just reliving all of the wonderful memories that we have so far in my mind. On his birthday 4 years ago, I was standing on top of "The Wall" in the Grand Tetons. I called him on my cell phone from on top of there to say Happy Birthday. He was in Phoenix, and I was really missing him, the long distance deal was awful for me. I can remember that during that whole 3 day hike I just daydreamed about him, wishing that we could one day be together. I am so happy that we made it, we got married, and he is the most important person in my life!! Love you Babe, I am one lucky lady! Happy Birthday!

View from on top of The Wall. I wish I was there right now!


I thought that I would throw this picture in just for fun! This is of me and my friends/cousins from that hiking trip standing in front of my dad's famous "circus tent"! (If you are wondering about Jessica, she was trying to keep the mosquitoes off of her, reason for bandana over face! :)) Good times!

2 comments:

jessajahn said...

Ah yes, the hike in the tetons! The mere mention of it brings back wonderful memories. Me cursing the entire way down and not to mention the altitude sickness! I never have again hallucinated that signs in a parking lot were sinking into the pavement. Oh well, don't worry I still love ya and I have forgiven you! Happy birthday Andy, indeed! P.S.-I should send you the pics from our adventure to post.

The Watts Family said...

Yay for Andy!!! Maybe he wants a new car for his birthday . . . : ) And, I for one am NOT missing the Alaska Basin hike at this time of year. : )